View Single Post
Old 09-17-05, 05:35 PM   #304
Amizaur
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino 123
I think the velocity profiles are fine, but the starting sound levels are too low in my opinion. I couldn't detect a 1-knot non-improved Kilo in a test I just did at 2.5nm with the TB-23 (sea state 3, both platforms at 150ft).
Let me notice that base NL for both Kilo and Kilo Improved is exactly same like in standard DW, not changed (60 and 55). And the new noise profiles can make them only more noisy. But at 1kts they should be same like before. Sensors have not changed too, sooo... ?
Akula II is MUCH quieter than before, US subs too, but det ranges for both Kilos should not change, if ever then to higher because of higher speed added noise.

BTW what about changing one of playable Kilos to 677 Lada/Amur class, there is only one hull currently St. Petersburg ? The armament would have to be the same, but noise level better than for Seawolf, better sensors and faster torpedo reload times ? Question to other modders - would it be possible to give it a waterfall sonar interface without hacking anything ?
I understand that if I don't hack anything to make this, adding new version of playable Kilo is OK ?

P.S. Wow, I'm promoted to XO :|\
Amizaur is offline   Reply With Quote