View Single Post
Old 06-14-10, 11:20 AM   #4
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepine View Post
I often feel the best things in life are simple...... not easy... but simple.....

The fiddling with the ships bow and island structure do seem like nice ideas..... but it feels complex. Im just not used to it yet.

I guess it's an easy of use issue.
I thought flipping through the pages of a book was just simple and easy.

Plus I prefered the ways of finding range and mast height overlay on the periscope...

All you needed to do was get the range and AOB using map tools...... and then use a stop watch for a few seconds to get the target's speed.

I LOVE how in Darkwarith's UI's you can choose the SH3 style U.I. if you want to. I wish the same could be done for the method of targetting. That really would
Due to the way Ubi changed how the recognition manual works we can't just pick a nationality and flip through the ships anymore. They have it setup that the class of ship determines what ships you can flip through. The XO TDC dialog box allows you to flip through the ships available to select as the target.
The XO TDC dialog box also allows you to get the range by using the stadimeter. It also allows you to set the AOB by dragging an icon just like SH3 did.
In v3.0.0 of my UIs mod I've included the SH3 style of acquiring target speed by timing.
In my UIs mod you also have the option of setting a TDC mode to use the dials instead of the XO TDC dialog box for some functions if you prefer to.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote