View Single Post
Old 06-07-10, 11:59 AM   #1
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0
Default When anti-virus goes wrong.....

Ufa, This was a tought monday, and may be that's it is not over! Yesterday a began to got error messagens when running programs (any) and the error was allways in the kernell32.dll file!
After some google, I found out what this file is part of. In the same time, my trusty (until know) kaspersky 7.0 began to detect any program/ or .exe file as a invader.
Since morning I am trying to solve this, the person who sold my pc tell me that may be a adware. Did the spyboot/malaware rub and nothing, system restauration failed because the point I select the pc was not changed, bla bla. Arghhhhh
Then after windows started, it block, like no memory was avaliable or something... double aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Format c: option began to come closer...

Then decided to uninstall the anti-virus and install another! After scaning everything the new one found this:
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\chartutl.dll a variant of Win32/PSW.Papras.BO trojan cleaned by deleting (after the next restart) - quarantined "
and untill now the system is find.
If the same kernell error happens untill tomorrom, format c: (and my type IX patrol goes to davy jones locker)!!!!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote