View Single Post
Old 05-26-10, 12:39 PM   #10
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
I don't know it did that for you. Every test I've run the patrol always starts on the 2nd, at 14:00 hours. In fact, the previous version of my mod, even though it's using the regular war patrols, always started on the 2nd. In either version I'm always told to report to base on the 1st, so you're not supposed to be able to patrol until after that.

Whatever though, I seem to have found a fix that works, So I've remade the mission I sent you, and I'm using time triggers in a few Asiatic fleet missions too.
It's possible that happened to me to, I was changing dates to find the problem. Maybe I did get assigned on the first and started on the second. Once I entered the mission, I was using TC to get to the location and see when the message appeared, so maybe I just forgot to look at the date on the clipboard. I don't remember for sure.

But I do consider the time triggers to be a bug. You put in a "specific" date and it does not use that date, it uses the difference betweent that and the mission start date to determine when the trigger goes off. So if it is not the first mission, like yours is, you won't have any idea when you are going to start the mission. The mission will be available for a certain period of time and you could start any time between the startdate and the enddate.

We will have to do a little testing and make sure if it uses the Startdate that is written in the mission or if it changes depending on the actual date you are assigned the mission and recalculates the trigger delay.

Peabody

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote