View Single Post
Old 05-03-10, 10:02 AM   #8
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Not only Subsim, the datacenter in Houston:
Quote:
On May 2, 2010, between 12:00am and 7:00am CST, our Network Engineering team will implement a distribution layer in our Hstntx2 network. This is one of many improvements to our network which will provide increased capacity and reliability.

While we've scheduled a seven-hour maintenance window, we anticipate no downtime, however, there will be routing changes as traffic is rebalanced during the turn-up of the new routers.

If you have multiple servers in Hstntx2 and would like additional information about which servers are downstream from this maintenance, you can check your hardware objects in Orbit or contact us directly.

To check the location via Orbit, click "Network" and then "Bandwidth Utilization" (direct link). Servers with "hstntx2" in the location column will be downstream from the maintenance.
Quote:
I'm sorry for the lack of updates here ... This morning, we experienced two distinct network issues, one around midnight CDT and the other around 8 a.m. CDT. We believe that all customer services have been completely restored, and our network team is investigating the root causes of both issues.

If I get any conclusive information about the cause of the outages, I'll try to post details on The Planet's twitter account (@theplanet), here and in The Planet Forums.

I'm sorry about the interruption and the lack of communication.