View Single Post
Old 04-28-10, 12:34 AM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordATF View Post
This has probably been asked before but the search function didn't turn up any answers. Its probably pretty simple, but i want to be sure before i mess the entire campaign up.

When i edit a Campaign Mission i have options to save it as a RND or SCRIPTED layer, how do i know which to save the file as?

for example...

41a_Jap_Convoys.mis Is this a RND Layer or Scripted?

Thank You
If you save as a Random Layer it only saves "Random Generated Groups". It doesn't save any land objects you may have added or any individual ships or planes. Not sure how much you know but you can make Random Generated groups with Naval, Air or Land units.

So if you put anything other than Random Generated Groups into the mission, don't save as a RND layer, the other stuff will disappear. If you want or 'need' to put in individual ships you can save as a normal mission, but go to the Menu/Mission/Parameters and check the box that says "Ignore Player Submarines" otherwise it will not let you save without a player sub in the mission and you don't want that for a campaign file.

There is a sticky above with links, the second post (by me ) is a link to the SH3 version of the manual. (the manual is NOT by me.) Most of the stuff is similar although some windows look different. Also it is not meant to teach you how to do a Campaign (Career) it does have information on the different ways to save the mission, with detail on what gets saved and what does not get saved.

Edit: Scratch that, the link is broken. Try the first post it is an older version, I will have to check to see if it has the info.
Also, since I don't know how much you know, there is a manually created group and a Random Generated Group, so make sure you realize there is a difference and manually generated groups will not save with RND Layer.

Edit again: Here is a link to a new version of the manual.

http://nordfront.org/xvii-downloads/...editor_v17.pdf

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 04-28-10 at 12:45 AM.
peabody is offline   Reply With Quote