View Single Post
Old 04-22-10, 04:16 AM   #916
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Pre Kursk Alpha Battalion

Hi Frinik glad to hear your working the installations out. I had some early problems and to avoid any clashes or conflicts that detracted from my "main testing objectives" I chose not to install the Xmas gift or the latest mission No3. Purely for my "cleaner leaner install". Sure I'm missing a mission or two, but I know now exactly where I am (I was getting very bogged down with a huge sheet of notes scribbled all over!!!!) So now I have the 1,2,3 i.e. Basic TvsT, Pre Kursk Alpha v.1 and then Kursk Pre Alpha v.5 and all worked great. I have a copy of each so I can revert back to the folder and run it for comparison. I forgot also to mention after my first test upgrade (Basic plus PK Alpha v.1) first German mission has your Mount in a different camo (same as your wingman). Also textures have changed (seemed richer/deeper).
You queried my gameplan, I find when negotiating fairly unobstructed areas I put driver to auto and myself as switcheable between Gunner and Commander, negotiating obstacles (giving the Auto driver steering and speed prompts) like trees, from F6 outside view (cheating really) .

This allows me to "jump" back to Gunner or Commander via F5 key and scan (if Commander with extra height for danger/targets. I can also as Cmdr, activate gunner if a target suddenly appears (like a T34) by hitting the G key (previously not allocated Auto) to help me out of a Problem.
I can also, if things get too hot, put myself in drivers position (my driver never reverses very well!!) and very bravely clear out of it!!!

I will man the drivers position on occassions leaving Cmdr and Gunner on Auto if playing "Hide and seek" this helps the slight problem with X-Ray vision sometimes around heavily wooded areas.

I prefer to be in the gunners position mostly though as I love to have a
shot that turns the opposition into fireworks. I find though that with Kursk I have to move more to avoid hits and tend to select Gunner Auto as I don't have the luxury of time, like the earlier single missions mind you I kind of expected this, Zee doesn't want this to be a walkover as Kursk was a bloodbath for both sides I certainly have had my share of being knocked out!!
All the best - Mort

PS Lc I was up early like you this morning due to the fact (as we say in England "I had church candles hanging from my nostrils" which means I have a cold perhaps I brought it back from Scotland !! sniff sniff!
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote