View Single Post
Old 04-11-10, 04:19 PM   #183
mangaroca
Bosun

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeadler View Post
With the tool from that site, it is possible to extract 3D data from GR2 and inport it into 3DSMax. The other way round from Max to GR2 should work with the Neverwinter Nights 2 Mod tools

Here I tried to get the La Pallice model into 3DSMax

BTW:
Good job devs , the La Pallice harbour layout now looks as near as in real life, although by today's time because in the 40's the harbor was a little different, but that could be possibly modded
I substituted the granny2.dll from the EVE Online Granny Exporter with the one from SH5 dir and tried importing the IIA boat model. The operation was completed with no crash or "bad/sad" message. However, after importing an .obj file into 3DS Max 2010 I only got "part" of the model - the conning tower.

Also, the .obj file is much smaller than the corresponding .gr2 file but it could mean nothing. Nevertheless, I suspect some 3D data is missing from the converted model file. I could be importing it wrong into the 3DS Max (many options there) but I don't think it's the case.

Any idea how to get it right?

PS. I know the tendency at the moment is to learn how to EXPORT new model/model elements into a .gr2 file but importing is also... important.

Thanks!
mangaroca is offline   Reply With Quote