View Single Post
Old 04-01-10, 02:35 AM   #29
Capt. Teach
Gunner

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 1

Here is one that you all might enjoy:

My father was out one day driving for enjoyment [don't ask it is just one of those things he does]. He pulled into a Mom and Pop type diner, sat down at the bar counter and ordered his lunch. Shortly thereafter, a State Police Officer enters the diner and my father asks the officer to join him.

The officer sits down and they start talking. During the course of the conversation, the officer relates the following:

You know, yesterday I was sitting out on the highway running radar on this back-highway all day long. Now, I know people speed like mad down that particular stretch of road but I was unable to clock anyone speeding at all. I was bored and a little frustrated because I just knew people were letting each other know I was out there. In any event, right near the end of my shift I clock this car traveling 110 mph in a 55 mph zone. Triumphant, I turned on my lights activated my siren and pulled the offender over. I was feeling rather cocky that I finally had caught someone and I sauntered up to the driver side door. Inside I saw a young man of about 20 and I said,

"Sir, I've been waiting for you allllllllll day."

To which the kid replied,

"I'm sorry officer .... I got here as fast as I could."

The officer informed my father he started laughing and just couldn't bring himself to ticket the kid. Let him go with a warning.

*Disclaimer*

My father told me this story. I dunno if it's true or not it could be just another one of his jokes.

Death? I'm not afraid of death, its the last few seconds of life that scare the hell out of me.
Capt. Teach is offline   Reply With Quote