View Single Post
Old 03-30-10, 11:42 AM   #56
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post
He spots them and does a wicked swerve and starts heading right for me! I'm almost paralysed with shock! WTF?? :-)
Yeah that's the mod at work. Previously stock AI only reacts to you if it sees you or hears you. If something explodes, without you being detected beforehand, the AI acts like it's aliens and doesn't suspect a submarine. Now they do and come looking for you - but not always in the right spot, but their best guess as to where the firing point was. Harbour attacks also now get a response from DDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlobThing View Post
Edit: Just changed sim.cfg to TMO levels as outlined in the ubi thread above and I still had to get within 1000m of two destroyers while firing my deck gun at them before they noticed me.
Yeah it's in minutes and it's all weighted, so one minute at max range (say 10km or whatever) but it would only take a few seconds to be spotted at 1 km. Then the figures are modified by the wave factopr and speed factor etecetera... Figures just for example.

What conditions were you in when you were not spotted - night, stormy, rainy, foggy? I haven't had a problem being spotted when surfaced in normal conditions even with stock.