Old 03-26-10, 12:55 PM   #37
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTD_Rhonen View Post
does the mod works in MP-mode?
I don't know, I've never got an MP game running, but I would imagine so. The one thing I am wary of is testing in a single player missions, as historically with SH, single missions and campaign missions play differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
What will AI do, if contact is lost and find another one?

My proposal:
1) Looking for lost contact by 10-15 minutes,
2) Listen uboat sound (no speed) by 2-3 minutes
3) Attack new, closest contact.
In this mod, AI will start looking for a lost contact after about 10 minutes. If it finds a new contact, it will concentrate on the new contact. I think I'm right in saying that each ship can only deal with one contact at a time. From looking at the sensors, there is hardly any difference between slow moving and stationary as far as sonar detection goes, so slow and moving is better. The only reason for an AI to stop is if it wants to disappear from the U-Boats sonar.

There seem to be a few problems with the way the AI is implemeneted. One is that there doesn't seem to be a way to communicate that a new contact has been found, so the commander of a convoy will only know how long its been since the first sighting happened, not how the individual destroyers on the scene are doing, so it's a bit hard getting the commander to make informed decisions, as he doesn't know anything. This affects role assignment, as the commander can't tell a DD to go to attack mode, as the commander has no idea if the DD has re-acquired the target again. Annoying.