View Single Post
Old 03-19-10, 06:02 PM   #1
FightingSteel1
Bosun

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0
Default Tuning game for surface action?

I'm new here, but just recently stumbled on the OM mod for SH4, and now have installed OM and it's patches, OMEGU and the Admiral Scheer for OM. I love these mods, and I really enjoy surface naval warfare, and want to tune up SH4 (if possible) for this. I would like to play as the Admiral Scheer in missions and campaigns.

The trouble I'm having is a disparity between my crew's detection and firing vs. the AIs. For example, in the quick mission where you are supposed to sink the HMS Barham (3 QE class battleships) my crew detects the ships visually at about 14,000 yards and will fire on the BBs at 11,000 yards. Meanwhile, the AI BBs will not fire on me until about 6700 yards. This means I get a lot of unopposed shots in on the enemy before they fire back.

Is there any way I can adjust the AI detection and firing range so that this is more realistic? I would rather enemy BBs fire on me and take me out (like they would have in real life) at distance than them waiting until they are real close before going after me.
FightingSteel1 is offline   Reply With Quote