View Single Post
Old 03-18-10, 07:33 AM   #193
SabreHawk
Captain

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergei View Post
That is probably due to the morale bug. After a save and reload the game will reset your morale points to zero.
Manning the deck gun 'costs' you 1 morale point. If the game has zeroed out your morale points they just refuse to do their bloody jobs!
I'm using one of the morale fix mods, that set the cost of essential jobs to zero, so the crew will still do their jobs even if the game has magicked away all your morale points.

Try this.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ghlight=morale
There may be others available
Arrr, but thats what didnt make any sense though mate. the entire crew's morale was extremely high as we had just sunk three ships and having used up all remaining torpedos, I came to the surface to finish off the rest of them with the gun as I hadn't used it yet this patrol, seas were plenty calm for it, and had plenty of ammo. And I even checked on morale just before sufacing. But no matter what I tried even though the WO responded and ordered the gun manned nothing happened.
Later on though, after I had manually manned it, which put two men on it I had the HUD on, and noticed a deckgun icon appeared in the upper right of the screen, where other icons of one kind or another has also, like the "we are underwater" one, and special abilty icons as well.
I hit F5 and it dissapeared as did the deck gun crew, hit it again and the icon came back on and again I hit F5 and it dissapeared then after that it wouldnt work fo nothing. And still the crew's morale was as high as ever, and still could not get that icon to reappear.

This and the fact that I did not know of course that to get the deck gun crew to target and fire upon a vessel that it was the binoculars that I needed to use to do this as you pointed out. I was trying everything else but that.
The whole fiasco made no sense what so ever. Well I tell ya, im still wanting to wait out the devs to see what they patch and fix, and surely this is one they will address cause it's surely a bug.
The only way I was able to take out those remaining ships was shooting that gun myself. Which was fun, and I got the job done and learned to aim and fire the thing in the process I'd sure love to have been able to have stayed up on the bridge and watched as my very highly moraled crew did the work they were here for.
This is just one more thing that has taken a turn wayyyy south of what SH3 was. That was one thing about SH3 that I always loved, was that very obedient and respectful crew. When you gave an order it was "YES SIR! And they got to it.
This time around it's the complete opposite, and I think I'd rather just throw the lot of them overboard cause so far I've had to do everything myself. Hell they aint even good for conversation.

Yes if the devs dont come up with a patch soon, im going to go and install some of these mods. I've downloaded a few, and did what one fellow instructed how to do on the depth under keel command(was quite simple and done it myself.)
But I just want to wait out at least the next patch before I start modding the heck out of it, even though it's clear it needs it badly before I shoot the entire crew and run this boat alone, cause I feel thats what im doing now.
Ok, I've rattled on here, I just wanted to thank you Sergi for that tip on using the bincular's cross and space bar to get the deck crew to do thier job and fire. I'd have found this somewhow by accident eventually I suppose but damn there is nothing about that in the manual, or in the on scenn instructions that keep trying to appear even though they aren't any help.