View Single Post
Old 03-13-10, 10:50 AM   #3
Surface Raider
Swabbie

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
Default OM Gameplay Settings

Thanks for the quick reply Lurker.

OK let me phrase it in a more practical way. When starting an Uboat career after I enter my commander's name and flotilla I have a choice to select a game difficulty level. If I set the difficulty level to medium I will have a realism of 42 (or somewhere close to that). This will include dud torpedoes and unlimited fuel to name a few realism parameters. What I would like to do is remove the dud torpedoes and unlimited fuel, but add on some of the fuel, CO2, compressed air limitations. If I go to the SH4 main menu game options screen I can adjust these parameters, but when I load a mission I won't have my customized options, I will have the realism 42 with the dud torpedoes and unlimited fuel. By default for a brand new mission the Uboat career missions is set to Easy unless another difficulty level is selected. I tried setting up my customized options first then I started a new career, but this did not work either. The mission started with the Easy parameters set.
If OM is not doing anything with the difficulty levels then it is my mistake to have thought so and I am sorry. With that said does anyone know how to get your customized settings to work? I have not tried an American campaign yet to see if that is hosed up, but I thought with the stock Uboat missions add on I was able to use the customized settings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your time.