View Single Post
Old 03-10-10, 04:48 PM   #911
Henry Wood
Sparky

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0
I think I'm in big trouble after latest "patrol"

So, I thought I would give LSH_V5 a try and it loaded without problem into a spare vanilla SH3 I had. After a quick spin around the naval academy (I had only loaded the main LSH mod) I thought this looks fine so I think I'll volunteer for some sea time. Before doing so I installed some more of the mods that come ready to use with the JSGME mod enabler which is also built in to LSH_V5.

Then I tried to start out. But, but, ... where is the engine room telegraph and the compass and everything else? Well, I eventually found them just before reaching the Kiel Canal locks. After getting through the locks I was admiring the huge dry dock and really appreciating the view. So much so that I did something wrong with the sliding out controls and ran aground, not only causing quite a bit of damage but also killing my Radio Op and seriously injuring the hydrophone op. I then aborted the patrol just a few hundred metres inside the Kiel Canal.

(That answers another question which popped up elsewhere: your crew can be killed or injured even when "no fatigue" is switched on.)

If I survive the court martial I will RTFM!
Henry Wood is offline   Reply With Quote