View Single Post
Old 03-06-10, 07:03 AM   #3
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Ritmeister, to put it simple, NO. The main bar is the most heavily hard-coded part of the interface. Making an OLC type bar is next to impossible.

Looney, if you mean the one that you got when you asked a report from the Watch officer, it was cheating . A milirad digital readout on the stadimeter is impossible. The stadimeter is probably the less flexible command in SH4, completely Hard-coded. I suggest you save the game on a lone merchant attack run. Then use the Obs scope's stadimeter and take the range normally. Then load the game and use the AOBF and line the range you previously found with the ship's mast. Then check under the top marker and you'll see how many milirads that ship SHOULD occupy. And if there's one thing you need to know about the original stadimeter, is that it's bugged. You've heard me. You'll get the same problem as we now get in SH5. Inconsistent ranges.

Plus, by using the AOBF in this "inverse" method, you can actually predict when the target will reach a specific range (visual detection range for example). I've explained this in my doc file. Plus you can always wait for nice rounded values "wait till the mast reaches the 5 milirad mark"
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote