View Single Post
Old 02-23-10, 02:27 AM   #11
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
Is this a game machine only, or will it be doing other tasks, such as media editting, compiling code, etc?
Thanks. Games will be part. I do a lot of hi-res music recording and mastering (1GB+ files), so it's really a multipurpose computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
I do recommend 64 bit for you Window 7 OS. At any rate, your machine will be considerably faster than mine and I consider mine lighting fast. Internet browsing is amazing. The page loads so fast sometimes I sit there for a second wondering what happened only realizing the machine has completed the task quickly. Plus, multiply cores are just a great idea. I play games while multiple other applications are open doing their thing. The machine does not even burp. As for the additional RAM, the old days my hard drive would act like virtual memory when playing games. This slowed things and was a pain. Not anymore with 8 gigs. My drive loads the game and sits silent as I play. Furthermore, the days of looking at a game to see if your rig can play it are over. You simply pay, load, push all the buttons to full in the option screen and play.
Because 1GB+ file manipulation is my main use (well, apart from creating Word documents, email and cutting code), I've gone with the 32-bit version...at least for now.

I've also gone with Win7 Pro (upon recommendation). The Ultimate seems to be overkill for my needs, but the Pro includes the XP emulator, which I think I may need at some point.

And the guy building it for me will be modestly overclocking it.

Might have it ready by Friday night...hope so...
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote