View Single Post
Old 02-18-10, 11:02 AM   #81
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by artao View Post
The devs have specifically told me to ignore the v0.3.0.0 version as it's at least 2 years old ... go to their IRC channel, #dangerdeep at freenode, and ask where to get the latest build ... or PM me, as I may still have the bookmark, I'll have to look ... and not certain if it's ok to post it publicly ...
I don't really understand this policy from the devs of an indie, open-source piece of software. At a moment when their latest stable version is 2 years old, when they are seeking help on the net, when they progress at snail's pace, to keep their work closed seems 100% counterproductive to me. On the contrary, if they opened their team/code/effrorts, if they did a little PR work here and in other groups of talented programmers and modders, I think they would receive the support they need, the fresh blood to their project.

But it's just my opinion and they may have their own reasons (which, I repeat, I don't understand).

Anyway, I wish them the best of luck and I really hope to see DFTD completed someday.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote