View Single Post
Old 02-08-10, 11:28 PM   #88
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default FPS & Wish list

Wilcke, Chucky and Mort thank you kindly for answering.

I am impressed how good your FPS are.Mind you compared with your Core 2 Duo E8500 (2x3.16GHz), AMD x 2 4800 or a 3.4ghz processor I outgunned; mine's just a paltry 2.0 ghz! This gives food for throught. TvsT is definitely a demanding game.I'll have to upgrade my processor if I wish to keep up with ZW's new mods.It seems that having a fast processor has more impact on the FPS than a performing graphic card.(having both makes sense of course)

Another topic I would like to share with you fellow ZW members. I sent ZW a PM in which I laid down a sort of wish list of changes/tweaks or improvements I would like to see in the game.This is by no means a request but simply a list of things to think about to make that great game more immersive and intense.Here's mine(4 items). I think it'd be great if you too would list the things that you would like to have in TvsT.If we don't say anything we're definitely not going to get anything. Making our wishes known doesn't mean they'll come true but at least ZW will be aware of them.

Cheers

1) Artillery strikes. Having them would be great and give us tankers a new challenge. Dodging artilery strikes would also enhance randomness and give extra unpredictability to the game not to mention new targets to seek and destroy!Having Soviet 155 or 240 mm shells crashing on the battlefield or German Flack 36 and 105 haubitzer on our side would be make the game much more immersive and intense.

2) Landscape damage.What strikes me is that while you can set a tank, a truck or an APC on fire in the game you never see burning trees, or grass or even those Russian isbas(log cabins). This is odd because when you watch those WWII docs you see charred trees, burning grass and houses whenever there's been a battle.Even when there's a burning tank in the middle of the woods in TvsT the trees never catch fire?????.Adding that to the game would also make the game more realistic.

3) Air strikes.Can they be added? After all both during Soviet or German offensive/defensive operations air strikes were involved.They would also add an element of randomness to the game. We could take advantage of those huge tracts of woodland and hills that come with your new maps to hide from marauding planes, evading straffing and bombings.

4) HE shells. This to me is a little irritant. HE shells in TvsT are little more than petards.They explode harmlessly next to a atrget barely raising a little plop with a bit of soil sprouting up.It seems unrealistic to me since one the main purposes of HE shells is to use against infantry positions.There's got to be a way of tweaking the explosion and the resulting damage from splinters or concussion to make them more credible and accurate?Because if the Kursk campaign involves attacking entrenched positions with infantry and artillery, we ''ll be forced to expend our precious AT shells to take them out rather than the more appropriate HE sprengstoffe.Unless we play with the unlimited ammo supply tweak...

May be I should start a new thread rather than post it her?

Last edited by frinik; 02-08-10 at 11:39 PM.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote