View Single Post
Old 01-02-10, 09:45 PM   #60
jerm138
Watch Officer

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
seriously thou, there are just as many crybaby men out there and just because shes a woman doesnt mean she cant handle the pressure just as good if not better than a man. but they better be able to do the job if they take it and leave the PC stuff at the dock.
I agree 100%. If a person can do the job, and is willing to volunteer for it, have at it! There are crybabies from both genders, as well as good hard-working folks.

Working in a co-ed military environment does create challenges, and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. When I left the boat, I went to a training command, and that was my first co-ed Navy experience (besides pre-boat schools.) From my observations, it's not necessarily the women I was concerned about... it was the way the men ACTED around the women (especially the extremely rare and elusive good-looking nuke.) It was just like the episode of South Park where Bebe starts growing breasts, and all the guys start acting like apes whenever she was around, then snapped right back to normal when she left.