View Single Post
Old 12-12-09, 11:25 AM   #33
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
I still have nascar 4 from Papyrus. I also have a number of the ea nascar "sims", but they don't deserve to be called that. The one thing about the nascar series from P was that the physics were truly realistic. The ea versions have downforce entirely too overdone. Cars simply cannot leave their wheels, regardless of the impact forces. The cars also drive like they are on a bubble gum track - there is no feel of balancing on a razors edge when your running around a corner as fast as possible. One second the tail end is firmly planted, the next its swapped ends without any way for the driver to adjust or know they were too near that fine line. Such a pity.

Although its not Nascar or F1 - I highly recommend the DIRT series. I personally enjoy the variations of track and vehicles, and the physics are very reasonable, though of course not exact. Damage modelling scales with difficulty also, so once you get to a certain point, its not a learning curve, but a challenge curve that keeps you playing.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote