Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus View Post
Anvart, are you bored?
May be you are right ...
The first question... Are you one in your team?
Quote:
RE Missing Dials, Dial textures, incorrect texture mapping:
This falls into the realm of 3d modeling. Something that i don't know how to do. Sure i can place existing 3d objects into another, but loading stuff up into wings3d or whatever was never something i had the time or patience to learn. If you want to take a crack at that, be my guest, i'd happily annotate the credits list.

RE Incorrect dial types:
Again, this is 3d modeling. All i can do is try to make it so whatever does exist, work. I'm well aware the dials at that table are of the incorrect type given what we have to work with. But since i know squat about 3d modeling, there's nothing i can do about it. If you want to take a crack at that too, be my guest, i'd happily annotate the credits list.
Why not ... may be necessary to think about it ... i made it for my stock ... i do not remember when... and my old HexEditor did not change date of files... heh ... but i am lazy now ... to do not interesting work ...
Quote:
RE Aft port watchman near the cigarette deck.
I never looked at him that closely. He's there, hes using his binoculars, so i didn't scrutinize it. Never paid him any mind.
It's simply ...
Quote:
RE Type 9 radioroom.

Again, i can't do 3d modelling. I can however canabalize existing models. The premise here being "something is better then nothing". If i had my choice i would have included this instead. But he's hit a road block that nobody in the know will help him with, and he's since taken a leave of absence. So i made due with what resources i had.
May be you have not understood me ...
Read tips for MISC button ...
... and nothing (yet, while) is better ... than s*hit ...
Quote:
RE gramophone.
The buttons are there on the lower right hand corner. The chart itself, i'm assuming you know what that is, so i don't think i need to explain it. Yes im aware "Conversion" is misspelled as "Convertion". I just haven't had the time to fix it.
Yes, i have hardly seen gramophon buttons... ... it's not easy task ...
Quote:
RE water/env:
Water surface i've never really been happy with. Just haven't had the time to fix it. Since wave mechanics effect AI visuals i tend to avoid the scene.dat file as i hate readjusting the AI. That said, some scene.dat and env fixes are in a patch ive been working on and currently testing.
You are right ... environment, graphics do not love maximalism ...

P.S. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...jpg#post905730
..... #244

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 12-05-09 at 05:37 PM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote