View Single Post
Old 11-30-09, 05:21 PM   #19
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Msalama and Hitman are correct - there are a few GWX diehards who say bad things about SH4. But there are also a few SH4 diehards who say the same things about SH3.

And they're right about the mods, too. Both TMO and RFB make playing the American side a joy, and RSRD gives the most realistic campaign imaginable.

I've been playing SH3 GWX and SH4 with OpsMonsun at the same time. There have been some complaints about the latter, but Lurker is on top of them and great about looking into each one. My only real complaint about OpsMonsun is that GWX had a huge team and Lurker's is much smaller, so he simply doesn't have time to look at every single whine, and the only ones I have left involve the little stuff, so why sweat it? It's a great game and a great mod, and it loads faster and plays better than SH3 in general.

As for the GUI, it takes a little getting used to, but it becomes second nature after awhile. The part I hate the most is that with SH3 I've always used FLB_Sales's Simfeeling mod, which removes the entire HUD and makes it all a pop-out, so I always had a clear screen. No one has made anything like that for SH4 so far.

There is also a mod out there that changes all the keys to be the same as in SH3. I don't recall it's name, and don't have my computer available to look, but somebody here knows what it's called.
Then you should definetly try out WAC 4.1. It has the clear screen to, everything pops-up once you get your pointer at the edges of the screen.

It has a very very good campaign, incredible reworked ports, amazing graphics and overall eye-candy. Its the best supermod out there, imho.

And thanks for the all the help, Steve.