View Single Post
Old 11-02-09, 03:16 AM   #4
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Demon View Post
Thank you GrayOwl. I've read your instructions here and the one in the RA manual. And I'm still unsure how this works. I would appreciate greatly if you could clarify how to make this work.

Ok its very simple. The tomahawk has basically 2 modes of attack.
  • in the first mode you select the specific waypoint that will be over the target. So for instance if you put waypoint number 2 over the target then you must set 2 in the destruct range field in the weapons control station. Once you fire, the tomahawk will proceed to waypoint 1 and go on, at waypoint 2 it will look for its target and attack it. It will not proceed to waypoints 3 or 4.
    Same thing if you put waypoint 4 over the target, you must set 4 in destruct range field and fire the missile. It will pass over waypoint 1, then 2 etc.. until waypoint 4 where it looks for its target.
  • the second mode of attack enables the radar of the missile over each waypoint. So for instance if you set destruct range to 5, the missile will proceed to waypoint 1 and enable its radar to search for the target, if none is found the radar is turned off and the missile continues to waypoint 2. There it will re-enable its radar to search for a target and if none is found radar off and on to waypoint 3 etc... Like this for all 4 waypoints.

Hope this clears it up Sea Demon.

Last edited by goldorak; 11-02-09 at 04:53 AM.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote