View Single Post
Old 09-30-09, 09:00 AM   #220
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
There's an interesting moving dogfight map featuring the Stringbag that I've just been playing. Hunting a wolfpack off the Illustrious. Snag is, it's pitch bloody black dark You can just about make out the periscope trial but since most of the uboats are (wisely) submerged, you have to be pretty accurate where you drop your bombs. Therefore, it's an idea to fly in flights of two, both carrying three 500lb bombs and eight flares. The lead pilot drops the flare for the follow up to bomb with, and then the roles reverse.
Very atmospheric though

But getting back to the thread at hand, yes, I propose we go back to DCG, I think our problem with Normandy was, well, it was the wrong theatre for that era. Not a great deal happened over Normandy in the daytime between 40-44, aside from the odd bomber raid to Germany which is hard to model with just one or two British bombers! So it's a case of scramble, shoot down Blennie or Spit, RTB repeated ad nauseum.
Desert campaigns seem to work well with DCG, as do Eastern front campaigns, although I think we've done them to death.
We only did early Eastern Front campaigns, we binned DCG at the start of our rather disastrous Stalingrad '42 campaign.

EDIT: I mean we binned our first DCG grand campaign, the second one after Leningrad 41.