View Single Post
Old 08-23-09, 11:25 PM   #1
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0
MoBo and assistance w/ stationing please...

ahoy. was referred by aaronblood to start this thread after posing these questions to him about the MoBo program and a term that he called "stationing". sounds cool. what is that?

hopefully some of the more seasoned captains can offer direct answers in a way that a not-so-technical player like my self could comprehend.

say i wanted to figure the distance for the bearing MoBo tells me to travel on an intercept plot so i know exactly where to be instead of just traveling at that true bearing and not actually knowing where the contact is in relation to me like i usually do. i imagine that you would have to scale the map yes? what about time? does this factor into it too?

also,i usually use this formula for figuring target's speed. time target for 3:15 seconds,take that distance traveled and divide it by ten. (for metric) 2:98 seconds for imperial. this only works if you have a visual of the contact and can follow it though. when you get map contact updates you get an estimated speed for the map contact. MoBo is nice yes,but what if your speed plot for the contact is wrong? wont this make the plotted intercept incorrect?

i used to play stock,now i play Operation Monsun (not with OMEGU) so i now that the map contacts estimated speed values are different from that of the stock SH4. anyone know what those values are for O.M.? (the estimated ranges) this would make my life as a uboat captain much easier.

now for my ultimate question. how do you plot to have the contact be at a 90 degree angle a.o.b. when you get to the intercept for a not-so-fast 90 attack? i cant figure this out either.

this covers most of what i'd like to discuss here. i appreciate knowledge. transfering it to practice is the goal. thanks again.

"fish" on...

green_abobo is offline   Reply With Quote