View Single Post
Old 08-16-09, 09:28 PM   #2
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchman123 View Post
I'll condense down to my final point. SH4 needs more stuff to make it much better like the game we know and love. So, let's do this.
When do you think you can have it ready? Oh, BTW, a lot of the stuff you are ranting about has already been done.

Here are the planes in FOTRS MOD:

- B17 Level Bomber
- B24 Level Bomber
- Catalina Searchplane
- Seversky/Republic P35
- Republic P47 Thunderbolt
- Republic P51 Mustang
- Vought F4U-4 Corsair
- Douglass SBD-3 Dauntless
- Lockheed P38 Lightning
- Douglass F6 Hellcat

And that's just in one MOD, almost all the planes you asked about and some you didn't. And you didn't even mention the Corsair, probably one of the most easily recognized planes of the war.

I also know there is a MOD that did label a lot more of the map, but I don't remember the name of it or if maybe it is included in another of the major MODs. You could try a search but it does exist.

As for
Quote:
I never trust some of those people. The syntax and grammar in the radio messages is so bad.
How's your Romanian? I think they did pretty well considering some of them probably don't speak English or if they do it's probably their second or third language. If I made a game to sell in Romania, it would have to be in English. And I have seen a lot of Americans 'butcher' the English language (myself included at times) so I think the Romanians deserve a little break on that one.

Quote:
Do you think they would have let somebody from high school or college in the military who types like that?
Yes I do, because I have seen it with my own eyes. And they are Americans and should know the language, not Romanians.

So look around, a lot of what you want has already been done, you just need to find it and put it in your MOD folder.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote