View Single Post
Old 08-16-09, 01:01 PM   #7
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

Kapt, thanks you VERY much for that info esp the tip on the BSOD that will be very helpful and I would be very interested in getting some of those mods if you can find them. I hope to collect resources for all of this, as it is important to find things when we can.

I see from studying the notes that the top number is about 11 and I think it would be awesome to be able to play an engagement with multiple players using both surface and sub surface units. I have a lot of learning on the helm to do with all of this but thanks so much for your kind post and it is very good to hear from you.

UPDATE: ok, i just checked the models for SHII in the model viewer and i am wondering...are there any mods to improve the default ships? some of them are just god awful... the US Battleships for instance, and the US cruisers, they need to be lowerred to the waterline about almsot half, and there are no heavy Italian units making it impossible to make campaigns for some of the Med events.... so i am curious if anyone made or can make improved ships. PS.. i found the download section..i see ship mods that make help a lot, i was very hopeful there were sone.

Good news is that there seem to be enought units for a lot...but

no Japan? or maybe i was rushing thru things....

i love the period menu screens they are cool.

Another question: i see Fletchers Mega mod, it looks great but does anyone knoow how to disable one of the features? the generic contact image? i want to be able to see what is coming at me, i enjoy realism but not to this degreee....the read me says:

Quote:
* New Contact ID Mod. When a surface or air contact becomes visible on the map, you will only see a generic grey icon. No other information will be available to you. Greater emphasis has been placed on your sound man, as it was historically. This will incorporate changed icons, changed sound files, changed messages (for several stations), etc and should provide for more realistic gameplay and challenge.
but many of the other features of this mod look good.

final question, I am assuming we cant play multiplayer with mods loaded? or can we if we have the same ones?

Last edited by Admiral Von Gerlach; 08-16-09 at 02:10 PM.
Admiral Von Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote