Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

IFR flying?

Get

- Level-D Boeing 767, or
- PMDG Boeing 747, or
- Flight-1 ATR 72-500.

All have complete FMC systems, and quite some complex ones. All of them have load mamnagers, and fuel planners are available. separate flight planners can be used, but the FMCs can also be manually programmed, WP by WP.

All of them got completely reprogrammed for FSX, but I recommend them on the basis of the FS9 incarnations. Complex, stable, reliable, several hundred pages of documentation. for FS-2004 I can confirm them to be thoroughly stable and bug-free. The latter is a problem with many other commercial packages, unfortunately.

Preferrably used with some special airport scenery like Heathrow, Paris CDG, or any major hub of the German Airport s series.

I also recommend AES, since it adds tremendously to the atmosphere. Nothing better than having animated pushbacks or being welcomed by a follow-me-car when landing in the maze at Heathrow, in thick fog and after sunset.

Don't waste your time doing IFR with default planes!

The IFR flights I do, are a bit unrealistic in that I plan them that way that I have just 05-15 minutes between reaching top-of-climb and beginning-of-descent. That way i have always something to do.