patti
VIP

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Patti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper View Post
Almighty God,

I pray for those who knew and loved Zeb Alford, and those whom he loved in turn.
Give them strength and comfort, assuage their grief with your Holy Spirit and succor their hearts with Your love.
Lift up their eyes to Heaven, O Lord, and raise their spirits in the knowledge that this man is now in Your glory, awaiting them and looking toward the day when they shall be reunited for all eternity.
Give unto them the peace that comes with understanding, Holy Father, that Zeb has not truly died but now resides by Your right hand alongside our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ, biding a short time until the Resurrection.
May Your love and blessings be upon them all and their memory of Zeb will bring many cherished joys to heart, that they may know he lives on within the lives he touched and in Your Kingdom.

Amen

I offer this prayer in the sincere hope you will indeed be comforted in your loss. It took me some days to bring myself to write this. The loss of my own dad is still too recent. My Dad was my best friend, like I'm sure Zeb was to his own children.

There is one great realization that has brought me solace and I hope it will do the same for you...
As a Christian, there really is no such thing as death. When you think of the one you have lost, it's not so much a matter of "Goodbye." as it is "See you later!".

He's just gone ahead to Home while the rest of us must stay behind a little longer because God has need of us here, to share that love given to us by people such as my dad and Zeb Alford. Give it freely and to everyone, from the highest Admiral to the lowest fisherman.
What a beautiful prayer and I really appreciate those thoughts and I could not agree with you more. Dad is there waiting for all of us with open arms and is in a much better place .
patti is offline   Reply With Quote