View Single Post
Old 08-08-09, 09:12 AM   #5
Mr Doug
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Capt. Alfords son in law

It is with the greatest respect that I have compiled your comments concerning my father in law. Capt. Zeb D. Alford, your fellow hero.
A heart felt salute to you for your service to mankind, from whatever country or branch of service, Thank You.
Some gave life or limb but all of you are the true hero’s that “offered” to give your life for peace and the freedoms we enjoy. You are the men and women of honor and patriotism. All of you that are dear friends of the water are true American Hero’s. Although you may have never known him, you are forever part of his legacy through your service to the world. He was NAVY and you are NAVY, you are all here shipmates of a kind. It is for the great things that all of you did to improve and add to the human experience that you can claim Capt. Alford as part of your life!
We the Alford family thank you.
Because of what you have done, you will forever be part of our love and respect.

Look for “An Interview with Zeb D. Alford” April 2007 in The National Museum of The Pacific War, Center for Pacific War Studies, Fredericksburg, Texas some time after the museum reopens December 07, 2009. You’ll get to read when Zeb told Admiral Rickover that he had just graduated with a degree in math and physics then Rickover, chuckled, and said “what a waste of time compared to my school”.
Enters ‘The Nuclear Era’.

The Alford daughters are as wonderful as they seem. Thanks Capt. Zeb.

Mr. Doug
Mr Doug is offline   Reply With Quote