View Single Post
Old 08-02-09, 04:31 PM   #5
Xxzard
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the explanations on the gunnery accuracy, especially on things such as smoke and sun, because I have noticed that before, but it was it was difficult to say for sure. I am glad that is as it was historically.

I also read somewhere that German rangefinders and directors were much better at quickly finding the range. On the other hand British employ more powerful rangefinders, but they were slower, so that is accurate.

For the campaign, I am playing with all historical options on, so I have experienced the woes of weak British shells and the tendency to blow up. In the decisive engagement against the German fleet, I engaged the German scouting forces in the morning, just before sunrise with both the British Grand Fleet and BC force. Losses were high, 5 BC's lost and 1 Super Dreadnought for the destruction of their 4 BC's, but With the sun coming up, I outnumbered their BB fleet significantly, so they began to retreat. There the slowness of their old pre-dreadnoughts was devastating, as all seven were destroyed for the loss of one 12inch BB.

I would also agree with the assesment about the AC's, with the German BC's destroyed in that battle, British AC's are running free and have been
obliterating remaining enemy light forces.

One more question: do AV's have any special ability modeled in the game or are they there for historical accuracy only?
Xxzard is offline   Reply With Quote