View Single Post
Old 07-12-09, 03:48 PM   #1
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Default Looking to build a decent PC in a budget

OK looking to build a new PC budget is £500 to £600

Now I'm looking for advice and links to good places to buy would be great but I don't want to be bombarded with multiple different options.

Here is what I need.

New Case
New MOBO
New CPU
New HDD
New DVD/RW
New RAM of course
New Tx

I'll be reusing my nVIDIA GFX card which is PCI-e Maybe not the fastest card on the block now but it is the one thing I can forgo getting straight away since the only game I will be playing on it is IL-2 1946.

Although it is a family computer the aim is that I will be able to Play Battle of Britain : Storm of War at high options settings when it is released.

I have built a PC before so I can do that.

One other thing is Intel only...not keen on AMD and undecided whether to go Core 2 Duo or Quad core.

Cheers for your help. Purchasing will be done in stages, getting the bits as I can afford it. Though certain things I'll be buying together.

I'm sure I can build a decent PC good enough to go 6 or so years and still be able to play future flight sims coming out in that time.

My current PC is 5 to 6 years old and can still hack it like I said with IL-2 on fullish settings, but for BOB:SOW and Black Shark it will struggle.....