View Single Post
Old 07-05-09, 02:16 PM   #12
paulco
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
I just installed Sh1Commanders Edition again, but on a FreeDOS 1.0 virtual machine inside MS Virtual PC 2007:

Here is a free download of the machine:

http://en.ofgsoftware.com/web/virtua...eedos-1.0.html

It works almost flawless. It just doesn't like te beginning movies (SSI logo and intro, but neither did Dos6.22 on a different virtual machine). Black screen, but there is sound, it only stutters. But three or so presses on Escape and you're in the main menu. The small movies like leaving port and so on do work good. For ease I copied (using xcopy) the .smk files in the /BUD folder on the CD into the /BUD folder on the virtual harddrive, and edited shpath.ini to point it to the harddrive instead of the cd.
Hi, thanks. for reply.

Finally cracked it at work this afternoon.

BUT still two Issues to sort out, I have finally got it working through DOSBox 0.73 Due to a set of instructions I found on my Laptop which must have been supplied by one of you guys out their, THANKS. How I missed it I Have'nt a clue, possibly down to the fact that I have been trying to get this working with two computers. But no excuses.

First issue is the only way to start SH is to type C:\CD Dosbox, CD SILENT, SH enter which I can put up with. But I bet there's someone out their that has come up with a Desktop Shortcut.

Second Issue and more Important is that I can only Run it in a Window.
I have been through every Screen Setting I can find to make sure that they are all checked as full Screen, I cannot find anything that is checked as Windowed anywhere. Any help please with this final hurdle.

Many thanks to all for all their help.

Regards

Paul