Old 06-30-09, 10:05 AM   #13
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsmith View Post
You hunt down cruisers with DDs???
No. My DDs mostly fill the Port Arthur area up with mines and kill off the raiding Russian DDs, which my cruisers usually can't catch. They also screen my BBs from Russian DDs and finish off cripples in fleet battles. All in all, I find them very useful and hate to lose any of them.

I will throw TBs at Russian cruisers, provided I can attack from head-on. The IJN has so many TBs that you can afford to lose a lot of them, which is what usually happens. I've had some success this way, too. One time I charged Askold and Novik with 8 TBs and sunk both of them for the loss of 4 TBs. A good trade, I say .

Quote:
I could not force either of DD to throw torpedo at all! Neither with Torpedo target ship nor with Torpedo target free. They probably decided they don't need to fire when enemy is almost finished - what an AI!
What was the sea condition? DDs are very low, and if waves are washing over their decks, they're unable to fire their torpedos. It doesn't take much water to make this happen, and the problem wasn't really solved until they started building bigger DDs with raised forecastle decks. RJW-vintage DDs are just large versions of TBs.

Quote:
In my humble opinion instead of making distinct torpedo controls (which by the way probably is quite usefull in Jutland but absolutely useless in DG) there would be great if only one more button appeared - Hold torpedoes. Which means - aim and target but not release untill order. Now when DG is on the Jutland's engine - it possibly became more "jutlandic" than it should be
Why do you say that being able to aim a ship's torps at a specific target is useless in DG? It works fine for me and I find it quite useful.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote