View Single Post
Old 06-30-09, 04:59 AM   #12
alexsmith
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
I'll conserve my DDs and have to sweat out hunting down the Russian cruisers while waiting for PA to fall.
You hunt down cruisers with DDs??? You ARE able to pull DD against a full functional cruiser not to be killed? And your DDs always throw torpedoes, and torpedoes do explode and do damage to a cruiser?

In 1.5 I only used DDs once - when fighting Chin-Yen with friends by my BBs. In a later stage when enemy ships were almost all heavy I tried to attack them by eight DDs. At closer range, at low speed, on following course - I could not force either of DD to throw torpedo at all! Neither with Torpedo target ship nor with Torpedo target free. They probably decided they don't need to fire when enemy is almost finished - what an AI!

In my humble opinion instead of making distinct torpedo controls (which by the way probably is quite usefull in Jutland but absolutely useless in DG) there would be great if only one more button appeared - Hold torpedoes. Which means - aim and target but not release untill order. Now when DG is on the Jutland's engine - it possibly became more "jutlandic" than it should be

Last edited by alexsmith; 06-30-09 at 05:12 AM.
alexsmith is offline   Reply With Quote