karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Default CTD ofc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs77 View Post
Hi,

I'm currently trying to figure out which GUI I like best, so I tried hsGUI (h.sie did a great job ) and now the time has come for ACM GUI what I really like about hsGUI (and don't want to loose it is the light transmission reduction for AP. I can't find such feature here so the question is: is it possible to apply h.sie's light reduction to this mod ?

my idea is to take hsPerifilter.tga from hsGUI, put it in the \data\Menu\Gui\Layout folder of ACM GUI and then add this to menu_1024_768.ini

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------
; ------ h.sie's Light Transmission Reduction for Attack-Periscope ----
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------

[G26 I176]
Name=hsPerifilter
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x260000F0
ParentID=0x26000000
Pos=12,778,700,700
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/gui/layout/hsPerifilter.tga
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9

Is it going to work or I simply get CTD effect ?
Don't go into the menu file if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Before loosing all my data thanks to a drive failure, I had modified all of the Periscope TGAs in Photoshop. You can do it the same way. If you want the Periscope view to look darker, simply decrease the contrast of the alpha channel. That will make the dark "lens" less transparent. If you want a lighter image, you need to replace the black "lens" with a lighter color and again, decrease the transparency of the aplha map. However, since the alpha map itself creates the periscope marks you'll run into problems. I spent hours remaking the aplha map for the observation scope. I made the lens green and had the bonus of being able to see the damn marks during the night time. BTW, Mikhayl please include the original photoshop file for the attack and obs scope if you have them .

If you really must edit the menu file, here's how you do it: since the last items are on top, find a suitable place for your filter. The best bet is to look in the hsGui menu file and see where it's placed in relation to the other important groups. Let's say you place it after the [G26 I176] item. Then, your filter will need to be [G26 I177]. Then it's a simple job of incrementing oll of the other items in the G26 group (the periscope view). BUT, make sure that the ItemID is not taken. Hope this helps

Last edited by karamazovnew; 06-26-09 at 03:54 AM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote