View Single Post
Old 06-14-09, 05:43 AM   #354
Wintahs
A-ganger

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandros View Post
Good hunting - let us know how it went...!

At my first attempt to infiltrate the convoy, I first sunk a Black Swan class in order to create some disortion.He had already briefly DC'ed me (No damage, luckily). The other 4 DD's raced to where I sunk the Black Swan. At 1 kt, running silent I tried to approach to convoy but the DD's got ahold of me and DC'ed the hell out of me.

Dived to 160m and headed east, away from the convoy. While I was diving this one bastard got a full hit on me, causing minor damage in the controle and engine room, and destroying all but one torpedo tube. At
sunrise they stopped searching for me and I could return to St. Nazaire.

Then 10 days of boredom.

In the western approach to the English channel my sonar man picked up a sound signal. Followed the signal untill it was a kilometer away, raised periscope and saw one beauty of a Cargo ship. I could easily identify a British flag. Approched to 750m, a nice 90° angle, 1 eel and an hour later and she was down.

Now, back to base, we weren't in a state to fight with only 1 eel and 68% hull integrity left.

On December 8th I recieved a radiomessage, supposudly the Jappanese had attacked Pearl Harbor and declared war on the US. 'They just woke up a sleeping giant', said my 1WO. I guess he's right.

Now it's time for some French Maddemoiselles in St. Nazaire!
Wintahs is offline   Reply With Quote