View Single Post
Old 06-05-09, 11:51 AM   #4
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0

Well, RC, at least some of your complaints have been addressed, or you can do it yourself.

1. Orange circle showing the position of the sub is back in the water
- You can get rid of it by creating an empty or completely transparent umark.dds

2. Torpedo Data Panel is again auto identifying the targets, not releated with realism settings
- Get rid of it by replacing ships' names with - (minuses) in the file Names.cfg, of the Roster folder

4. Can't go back from periscopes to conning tower/control room
- Yes you can, by making a few changes in Commands.cfg.
This is a hint about what I mean. To learn more, analyze the similar file of SH3. They work in the same way.

[Cmd16]
Name=Periscope_camera
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F020003
;Key0=0x73,,"F4"
Key0=0x72,,"F3"
Page=0x26000000,3702
GoBack=Conning_tower_camera

6. Missing complete german language package
What do you mean by complete? Everything that is used by the game has been changed to German by Spax and other modders. Yes, there are a few audio effects missing, if compared to SH3, but this is hardcoded and no modder could bring them back AFAIK.

Coming to your other issues, I never experienced no. 3, I don't have the crosshair in the binoculars (no. 5) - but I don't know what in the wide mix of mods I use did remove it, and I cannot check no. 7, because I completely adapted the keyboard to the style of SH3.

Coming to Hitman's problems, I must once again praise the modders of SH4, as FLBSale brought the sliding dials in the game and they are fully functional. Yes, the menu1024 thing is a real PITA compared to SH3 (for instance, I know how to change it myself in SH3, but was unable to do the same in SH4), but what FLB accomplished is living proof that it can be understood and changed to one's liking.

What I feel still needs much attention is the submarines' hydro behavior (mostly in foul weather) and damage model. Campaign too might benefit from more work and the interactivity brought by the game (far superior to SH3) with the use of radio messages still is far from reaching its full potential.

dcb is offline   Reply With Quote