View Single Post
Old 06-04-09, 02:17 PM   #2
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Yay for the interwebs!!:rotfl:

Lets get a few things correct shall we.

1) What M$ are proposing is nothing new and was actually pre-demoed at E3 2005 by Sony.

2) Natal was not even working at E3 and what you saw on screen was actually being manipulated by a person using a controller siting at the desk on stage no less.:rotfl:

Quote:
This is nothing less than a revolution. For decades there have been attempts to abandon the controller completely but most have fallen to failure due to expense and due to being mostly gimmicky ways to push buttons on a controller rather than true body tracking.
3) ^^ This technology with depth of field and realife person manipulation of a 3d environment is not new to consoles. Infact I own 5 games that use it now on the PS3. NO CONTROLLER NEEDED!!!

As far as I'm concerned Sony proved a working system with a tech demo which, albeit uses controller or controllers, but also offers much more scope and accuracy than M$ can ever hope for basing responses on body part movement.

That said, I'm in now mood to continue the M$ vs Sony vs Ninty E3 debacle which, quite frankly, spans at least 4 of the forums I'm membered to and is getting very boring. Each to their own etc. I'll side with Sony based on what they showcased through the whole E3 conference, nobody even came close.