View Single Post
Old 05-31-09, 06:07 PM   #21
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdgm View Post
I guess this was going to be my question. How did you know that ship is 21.2? How did you calculate it? How would you know what the other ships are? You can go in and change that file, but how do you know what to change it to?---simple medium maths

Also, how did they get screwed up from the stock version? IF all the ships are screwed up, how does anyone calculate AOB? Usually I just take a rough guess if I get a ship that is off.
its pretty simple but you need patience. put a ship in ME , calculate his EXACT range ,then take a photo with the stadimeter line showing.then open the photo with the graphic programme and get the exact angle(here is the most difficult part becuase angle is very 'sensitive' value) .then tan(θ/2)=mast/(2xrange).
if the values (length and mast) are not far away from the correct ones you can play your game (aob is not very very critical),thats why you can calculate aob but you will never be acurate
and something for last: you still didn't answer if you tried what i told you or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
I think all the stock ships are accurate. But GWX changes nearly all the ships; there's hardly a "stock" ship left in it. Still, most of the ships in GWX3 have accurate mast and length values (assuming you've not added extra mods to your GWX installation) so this problem only happens with a few ships.

If you use mods which add new ships or change existing ships then you run the risk of those mods messing up your firing solutions.
i will disagree with you here OLC, its not just a few ships that need corrections.
for example ,take the ship that we are discusing here.its a stock ship.
at stock the mast=23.2 and at gwx ...mast=24.5 or 25.6 (still is a riddle for me why the same ship has different mast's values)
well the most correct is stock's value (without being exactly correct).the problem is getting worst at lengths
of course, i haven't take a look at all the ships but as far i had seen till now all need corrections(ok...maybe there will be some exeptions but this doesn't change the main course)
ps: don't start flames here,if you (everybody) want these things to be corrected ,you are not helping if you close your eyes to the problem...

bye

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote