View Single Post
Old 05-23-09, 02:13 PM   #217
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
On the 5th day of your patrol you'll receive a radio message telling you to return to base (if you'd chosen the 7th IIRC Flotilla out of Konigsberg you should return to base and imediately request a transfer to the 1st or 2nd operational flotillas).

Your 2nd patrol should commence on the 24th August (if using SH3 Commander set your days in port to 20) which allows you to travel in a neutral SH3 world to your assigned patrol grid in preparation for the commencement of hostilities....just like they did in RL.
Jim,
Just two things mate,
I presume I am not to open fire on any shipping whatsoever during this time?,and if that is the case,will any warships that sight us open fire?,would they be suspicious of a German UBoat sailing in the North Sea?.

Second,the current date is 1st Aug (as you will no doubt already know),5 days on patrol takes me to the 6th Aug,about 3 days return journey (thats if you still get renown for manually returning the UBoat) takes me to about the 9th,20 days in port takes me to 29th Aug.As Poland was invaded on the 1st Sept that gives me about 2-3 days to reach my next patrol before the seas become hostile.Would you agree this is correct?
Sorry for being naive here,but I need to ask all this as if I know nothing.This is far more complex now than the stock game,that I have been so used to,and rightly so.

Thanks!
Paul Riley is offline   Reply With Quote