Old 03-22-09, 05:11 PM   #6
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
ok - lets start from the beginning.

The cable - being new and provided - we can rule out being an issue. They wouldn't provide a crossover by mistake either - so lets figure the issue is elsewhere.

Couple of things that can make the com port not function as intended. Check the documentation and see what baud rate the com port needs to be at. Often, this can be changed in your monitoring software. Find out what the default for the device/software is. Then go into device manager and make sure that the properties for the com port match. If the software is running at 9600, and the port is set to 2400 for example - your going to have issues.

Also double check the flow control for the port. If its set to hardware or Xon/Xoff, set it to none and reboot.

Also - provide model and data on the UPS - we may be able to research a bit more with that info if you need further help.

I assume if I can see com1 port in device manager it means that it works ok isn't it ?

Default speed of com1 port was already set to 9600 when I opened it, nothing else was changed by me. Picture is at it's original stage. However I was not able to find anything about baud rates in motherboard manual. (My motherboard type is Nvidia Nforce3 250 - 8kda7i10)

My UPS device is: Lestar MD-625 E.