View Single Post
Old 03-18-09, 08:40 AM   #2
Otto Heinzmeir
Weps

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the tutorial, well done. I must be doing something wrong, because in 2 weeks of real time I have not had visibility like that at night once I am in contact with enemy units. I have been playing a lot in June-Aug 1940. The weather is perfect until I get about 3 grids away from my base. Then goes to 9mps wind, then 12, then goes to 15. After that it has only briefly gone to 6mps with rain and fog. Since I don't use nav maps. Except for one occasions since I have played this game modded, I only can visibly see the convoy from 900m. This was the first mission I ever played modded in Sept 0f 39.

So I don't know the make up of the convoy. I don't know its track or speed except from hydro contacts and a 5 hour radio report. Because of the visibility, my only real option is to get in front of the convoy and then slowly glide in at a 90 degree angle. Its been this bad for two weeks straight to the point I can't plan an attack.

I must have messed up my install somehow with regards to the weather. I am going back to the stock game. I remember there were missions where I could not see for more than 400m but there were also missions where it was clear the entire time. In my current set up. The wheather changes faster but once it goes to bad it has never come back to clear again and the winds average 9mps.
Otto Heinzmeir is offline   Reply With Quote