The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
When you have a person creating this from scratch:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=757

Just about anything is possible

I work in Maya too, so I understand very well the incredible ammount of work that Tomy has put into it. He beats me by far any day. I too have modded everything from planes in FSX, to horses in Oblivion. I love modding but i hate it when the potential is blocked by hard coding. I've played for a while with S3D and I absolutely love it. But I've tried for weeks to block the vertical movement of the free camera (not to mention collisions). One thing I really hate about the cameras is that i can't make the Periscope views switch to interior views on right-click.
So what I'm trying to say is that I can't overestimate the possibilities of you gifted modders, even though I surely don't underestimate your ability either . Tomy's interior models deserve more than just being glued to the interior mesh and I surely hope Ubisoft either gives us more powerfull tools for scripting (Bethesda style) or makes the SH5 more userfriendly and more powerful from the start. Or both .

But to go back to my interface questions, are those things possible? They've been done for SH3 so what I should've asked was "is there anything that makes them impossible to do in SH4?". After I finish my exams I'll surely start picking the SH4 interface bit by bit but I'd rather know now. From what I've seen, the menu.ini and the cameras.dat are preety much the same for both versions (apart from the *.DDS files). So I can't see the reason why OLC or Mikhayl would not port their interfaces for the german subs of SH4. So maybe you guyz know something...

EDIT: Wow, ok I retract my "yes, i know, the series 2 and 7 would not make it in" statement

Last edited by karamazovnew; 03-20-09 at 05:07 AM.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote