View Single Post
Old 03-16-09, 05:24 PM   #1
AndyW
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default In Enemy Hands (2004)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Enemy_Hands_(film)

Finally I watched this flick. What a impertinence for any u-boat simmer, if you aske me. Learnt a lot of surprising things, f.ex. that the Allies sink submerged u-boats with a salvo from thier artillery, that it was sport for u-boats and subs to snipe each other away while both submerged and that smoking inside of a submerged u-boat was maybe more common then I'd thought.

Oh my, that was a tough 1 1/2 hour to go through. And I thought Ben Affleck's "Pearl Harbour" was bad.

But it's my own fault, why do I watch this stuff. Instead, I should have played Silent Hunter during those 94 minutes. Even an uneventful patrol at 1x TC during night in the middle of the ocean with graphic mistakes and 3 CDT's would have been a less waste of time.

P.S.: Is there a mod out there which is giving me the telephone in the Central of a German Type IX to call the U.S. destroyers like the guy in the movie did? Would be nice to have a friendly chat next time with the guy DC-ing me, something like "cold...cold...warmer...cold again...more starboard...".

***end of rant ***

Cheers,
AndyW is offline   Reply With Quote