View Single Post
Old 02-27-09, 04:12 PM   #26
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Sounds like the saga of a typical brain cell on a Saturday night.
Yeah, but you forgot the "swimming in alcohol" part

Quote:
I was wondering if anyone shares my phobia of shipwrecks, sinking ships and the undersides of ships?

Judging by this link, plenty of people do but rather oddly it doesn't have a proper name.

I don't exactly go frantic and break out into a cold sweat at the sight of a submerged or semi submerged object, but I definitely feel extremely uncomfortable. Having said that I'm fascinated by documentaries about famous wrecks, but I could never dive on one myself (even if I could dive). Truth be told I wouldn't even want to swim over the location of a wreck.

Having just started playing SH3, I was surprised to find that even some of the in-game graphics spooked me out. Using free view to zoom around underwater and view my own sub sent a shiver up my spine, and the event camera showing those large ships sinking make me feel very uncomfortable indeed. Oddly enough watching them sink from above the waves is fine! On the odd occaison when I get close enough to a target to see its hull below the waterline through the periscope, I don't like that much either!

LOL! Some submarine captian I'll make at this rate! Does anyone else on here have this affliction, game-induced or not?
Seek proffesional aid

(Just joking )