View Single Post
Old 02-09-09, 02:51 PM   #121
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

07:20 aboard U-13

Jimbuna hardly slept a wink during the night. Foremost on his mind was the story told to him in the privacy of his cabin just before he retired for the night by his friend and confidant Raptor 1.

Raptor 1 was explaining about an ancient myth told to him by his mother when he was a child, Something about men that took on the appearance of giant wolves and preyed on the bodies of humans during the night when a full moon was out.

Jimbuna was initially tempted to laugh at his Chief but he had known him since the beginning of the war and knew him to be anything but the superstitious type.

The last he saw of his Chief was when he informed him he was going topside to make a final check on the sentries/flak gunners.

He must have dosed off and not for long because he was soon awoken by the clatter and commotion within the boat and the curtain to his small cabin/sleeping quarters being pulled aside quickly by Nisgeis.

Nisgeis "Kaleun, you must come topside quickly I have grave news from ashore for you".

Jimbuna jumped out of his bed and hurredly followed Nisgeis over the conning tower and to the aft of the boat. He was instantly aware that many pairs of eyes and ears were trained on them.

Jimbuna "What is it Nisgeis, what is the matter"

Nisgeis "It's the Chief Kaleun, they've found him dead, ripped to shreds in a watchtower"

Jimbuna felt the nausea and anger rise up from within him and couldn't help but to recall the stories of man eating wolves as told to him by his friend the Chief just a matter of hours earlier.

He heard himself saying to Nisgeis "I want every member of the crew up on deck in two minutes, do you understand"

Nisgeis "Jawohl Herr Kaleun"

As he spun on his heel to carry out the order Jimbuna grabbed the cuff on his tunic and asked "Did Firewall return last night"

Nisgeis "Yes"

Jimbuna "Put an armed guard below with him and have him wait my presence shortly"

Nisgeis looked a little puzzled at this but nonetheless said "Jawohl Herr Kaleun" before rushing off to carry out his orders.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)