Old 02-08-09, 08:32 AM   #230
SH999
Sailor man

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Guys, if you play SHIII and:

1. Have a large (24'') wide screen monitor;
2. Have a nVidia video card;
3. Hate the distorted round shapes in the game due to the wide screen as much as I do;
4. And you still want to benefit from the large screen of your monitor;

you can do the following:

1. Go to your nVidia's driver settings:
2. Go to scaling section of the driver (I'm on a language OS, so in english it may sound different)
3. Check the radio button: "Use nVidia's scaling at the fixed aspect" - or similar
4. Go to change the resolution and set it @ 1600 x 1200 (you'll get black unfilled stripes on the sides of the screen)
5. Go in the game and make sure the Full screen option is checked.
6. Make sure to use the nHancer's settings started by Rubini (and developed by other guys) in this thread - thanks!

What I get is that I have the original aspect of 4:3 GFX in the game and the game's GFX fill out the full height of my large screen (with the blank bands on the sides though). I've got a very slim all black monitor, so the black sides don't catch my eye in the game at all. And I don't have to do the dll tweak btw, for a higher resolution. Which is the best solution for me till the game will be fully retrofitted (if ever) to 16:10 aspect.

Hope somebody will benefit from the above as much as I have. And sorry if it was all covered somewhere already.

Cheers,
SH999.
SH999 is offline   Reply With Quote