View Single Post
Old 01-22-09, 05:29 PM   #83
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcav
Yeah I did that a few times last night, but I still think files were left behind after the uninstall. Reason i say that is cause when I installed DW ran the 1.4 patch then ran the batches for RA inside the batches it kept asking me to overwrite existing files... This tells me not everything was taken off in the install.

What was your method of install goldorak? Would Lwami be playing interference?

Captcav

Ok here is how I did it.
In my case I already had Lwami and Alfa Tau 3 installed through jsgme since those 2 mods are jsgme-friendly.
Before installing RA I disabled all the mods through jgsme, everything unistalled so that DW was back to 1.04.
Now I copied the DW folder and everthing inside to a new location (another partition or another disk). Now inside this new DW folder you must delete the mod folder (it contains images of lwami and alfa tau in my case). Once you have deleted the mods folder, you copy the RA folder inside together with the batch file. And off you go, accept every option, even if it overwrites files. Then install the RA patch file. That's it. Now you create a folder named RA_mod and copy inside the following folders Cinematic - Database - Doctrine - Graphics - Interfaces - Manual and the file controller.ini. Once done, you copy this folder inside the original DW folder, inside the mod folder (you should have it if you use jsgme). Now from the jgsme you can activate the RA mod.
Don't forget to delete the copied DW folder you used to install RA.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote